Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fourteen: More Bratwurst


Back to Germany for more Christmas Market fun! Never enough bratwurst. This time we went to Essen. This market was enormous! Kim tried the reindeer sausage and potato dumplings with kraut. I even had a few bites. It was pretty good, though disturbingly large. There were lots of lighting displays. A ferris wheel. Part of the market had a medieval theme.

We found an artist who paints black and white stills of scenes from cult classic films; The Godfather, Scarface, The Big Lebowski, Pulp Fiction. We purchased two; one with Donnie, Walter and The Dude, the other with GoGo Yubari (the
Kill Bill character who wears a Catholic school uniform and
wields a mace). I know, I know, but they're going in the "media room" someday! Assuming a media room
is still viable, given that we are experiencing the decline of western civilization.

German coffee is crap. We had to resort to Starbucks. But in Germany, they don't open until noon (at least not on Sunday)! What kind of person waits until noon for their morning coffee?

My mother recently commented that this blog is mostly about food. Rereading the entries, I see she is correct. I'll try to include more about other experiences. In fact, I've already got one in mind (this could be a Pandora's Box of sorts, so let's all remember who brought this to my attention).


1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a cute little eater. I miss you two.