Sunday, September 14, 2008

One: This Must Be the Place


I never thought I'd blog, because I'd determined that blogging is for assholes. Oh well. Week one has been weird. A lot of walking, a lot of getting lost, a lot of butchering the language, a lot of noting the differences in amenities and conveniences. We have been living in a weird hotel in a weird part of town. We have been in search of good food and good coffee, to little avail. We've had bacon and peanut butter for breakfast every day so far. We have discovered several interesting neighborhoods, good tea, good Heineken on tap, a fully functional tram system, great parks and of course lots of cool bicycles piloted by fashionable riders of all ages. The weather has been beautiful. You can sit at a cafe for half the day ordering only a single cup of of coffee and no one seems to mind.
Today we got word that our offer on an apartment in the most Amsterdamy neighborhood you can imagine was accepted, cats and all. Yey! Good bye Tulip Inn.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

anthony has had a blog for like 3-4 years...maybe that confirms your theory??? ha:)

Unknown said...

Bob's had a blog for I don't know how many years - I hope that disproves your theory.

Jess and Kim said...

I love Bob. I love Anthony! I think I'm the only ass hole here.

Wesley Kirkman said...

that your bike? awesome. This was my beauty when living in groningen. It broke several times over just a 3 month period. That site has a bunch of photos from groningen and there abouts. You should check it out and see if there is anything that peaks your interest. My suggestions:

walk the mudflats (with a tour guide) of the north sea when the weather turns around.

Visit Bourtanga. cool old fort surrounded by a mote (sp?). they have a windmill...bet you haven't seen many of those.

Anonymous said...

More! More!